Thursday 18 March 2010

Day 98 - 18/03/2010

Hello all,

A great day so far...Happy 40th to my little brother Andrew...it only seems like yesterday we were playing war in the back garden!

The nurse has just left after supervising my fluids disconnection. Fran and I are making a great team together...I am reading the protocol/instructions (being in control) and Fran is following those instructions to the letter. Apparently it wont be long before we are self sufficient as I have successfully connected and disconnected solo.

I must say it is better with Fran doing it as it lessens the risk although good to know I can sort it if need be.

We went out round to the Third-Space gathering last night...i ate far too much cheese and bread...boy was it good. One key point was to wave farewell to Stevie Kenyon who is going on a bit of a school trip to Nepal for 2 weeks. We all wish him bon voyage and a safe return. Harry thought my rucksack (pump and fluids bag) was cool and thankfully our Barbara didn't faint (I will leave that joke there now as I think we have worn that out :-) )

Time is ticking until next week when Fran and I will head off to Weston Park - Sheffield for my initial scan as a precursor to the radiotherapy. My mind is pretty blank and again as with earlier treatments I cannot work out what I am feeling....I suppose that will come later although I hope that it doesn't hit me too hard.

Looking forward to my good friend Colm visiting soon so we can catch-up and he can let me know how our good friend Yvonne's funeral went yesterday. I couldn't get to it so Colm gave my best wishes.

Dr P is being an absolute star(he'll say he is just doing his job) - Due to the number of needles in my veins over the past few months the drawing of blood is pretty non existent - I need weekly blood tests to check iron levels etc and the last test couldn't get enough blood out so looks like the easiest solution would be to draw from my PICC line. Dr P is going to find out about the possibilities of him doing that otherwise it will be weekly trips to Chesterfield.

Once again thanks to my family who are being a tower of strength - the Feltham Songhurst's are poised to drive up if I need them which is a great comfort. The support from my friends is also fantastic, the messages are flooding in. I did think about whether my publisising my illness would be too much and whether I should just keep it close, however I feel rather selfishly that I want the combined energy of support flowing my way....Me Me Me!

Until the next time!

T xx

2 comments:

  1. umm playing war in the garden remember the exploding oven cleaner???? i remember my brother getting stuck on a fence when i went missinG AND THE STITCHES YOU GOT AS A RESULT always managed to get each other outa scrapes!!
    MY BIG BRO MY PROTECTOR!!!
    Will be here if ya need me !!!love ya !!!!little sis!!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tony, It is all about you you you. We are honoured that you would share this experience with us. God Bless you and your family and keep the blog coming.

    Lots of Love
    Audrey (Dickson)

    ReplyDelete