Saturday 10 July 2010

Day 212 - Sat 10/07/10



Well, today is a good day...

I slept in until 10:00 when Fran woke me with a cup of green tea. I didn't sleep that well last night for one reason or another and felt bad for Fran as she doesn't sleep well anyway...

I don't know If I have told you but Fran has been sleeping in the spare room for the past few months...not because we don't get on but so I can feel at ease with my pain and changing Stanley (my stoma for all those that may have forgotten :-) ). Fran can get some sleep without being woken by me peering out the bedroom window at 3am or getting my 'stanley pack' together for a 2am change (bit like going back to my baby years). It was a decision that was natural and suited us both...however as I got better and had the reversal, wound healing etc we went back to the normal arrangement. It was nice to have a cuddle and a chat just before 'lights out' and nice to wake up in the early hours and to peer at Fran sleeping...things are certainly getting back to normal.

Went to see Dr P on Friday and thankful for some ointment...

Went to Wirksworth and had a cup of tea out yesterday (Friday) - Just before we went out it struck me that we had not just gone out together for sometime and just had a stroll and a cup of tea...I am sure I asked her several times if she was sure she could spare the time and if it was okay that we were spending a couple of hours out of the house....just felt strange and unreal at first. We had a lovely pot of tea and brought some homemade pies for lunch today (they were lovely).

Went to Barbara and Grayden's for 'a bit of a do' (Happy Birthday B)last night and I stayed out until nearly midnight....woooooo! I drank some lovely fizzy water and ate cheese and biscuits and the loveliest bombay mix and had a good laugh...there were approx 10 people sitting in the garden chatting, laughing, eating and drinking...everyone gets on so well.

I looked at the Third-Space website today as Paul and Fi's son-in-law Phil is building Fran's new website and he is modelling some of the features on the Third-Space structure. I looked at recent events and Sunday services in the park which just reading about makes you feel all warm inside...on navigating about I also caught site of an entry entitled 'Welcome Home Tony'... Fran was with me as I was showing her what her website might looklike... reading the words with Steve's comment brought tears to me eyes (again, I thought I had done with all that)...

http://www.third-space.org.uk/2010/03/welcome-home-tony/comment-page-1/#comment-96

Looking forward to Church tomorrow, it is a holy communion service with our minister Lyn, always good and nourishing, also Fran has made shortbread for after the service.

Just had a call from my elder brother Frank...amazingly he is in hospital in Bristol after having a perforated large intestine...he had to have emergency surgery and now has a bag just like the one I used to have...we chatted about stuff and I made him feel a whole lot better by saying that the staples hurt when they take them out...I wrongly assumed he had them removed already but unfortunately he has that pleasure to come...wishing you all the best for a speedy recovery x.

Finally...Checked on the cancer research site just now as I do daily...I have found a calling which is pulling me in a direction that feels natural...there are so many people that need a listening ear and are panic stricken because of this terrible and disgusting disease. The fellowship we feel that within a few days most start to branch out and advise other newer and more established users means so much...this is a community that I never want to be away from...there are so many beautiful people on there that are struggling but find the time to talk through their issues...One person Tanya I have not heard from in nearly a month, the promised poem she was going to write all the way from the US has not materialised and I have a terrible sick feeling in my stomach that she is no longer with us...she only had several months left and if she has moved on then she will be at peace and no longer in pain...I am hoping I will get that poem but somehow I think it may not arrive...God Bless!

I wasn't going to write until Monday but all of a sudden I have a lot to say..

Much Love to all

Tony xx

1 comment: