Sunday 3 January 2010

Day 24 - Sun 03/01/2010










No church at Matlock Moor this morning so stayed at home even though there were other options which didn't enter our heads until lunch-time... The tale of our Wednesday group resurrecting Aslan's table at the bandstand and in the snow and ice particularly appealed - shame I missed that one although there will be plenty more opportunities...

I was looking out of my bedroom window at the snow and that was my time to pray this morning.

I was watching tele about 10 mins ago, had turkey soup and a couple of mince pies for tea...I started getting shortness of breath and tight in my chest...I recognised this as panic so time to stick on my iPod and write my blog. Straight away 'Lean on me' by Red Box came on (if you are an 80s person you will remember this hopefully), then 'Losing My Religion' by REM and just listening to Deliver Me by The Beloved a powerful song which sums up my conversations with God and my continuing journey:

Deliver Me out of my sadness
Deliver Me from all of the madness
Deliver Me courage to guide me
Deliver Me strength from inside me

All of my life I was in hiding
wishing there was someone just like you
Now that you are here, now that I have found you
I know that you are the one to pull me through

Deliver Me loving and caring
Deliver Me giving and sharing

All of my life I was in hiding
wishing there was someone just like you
Now that you are here, now that I have found you
I know that you are the one to pull me through

Lets see what tomorrow brings, Charlotte asked questions last night for the first time about the Chemo etc, good conversation and one that I am glad we have had.

Now listening to '18' by Moby a very emotive song, If you get the chance have a listen to this and Deliver Me.. Fran has just brought me in a cup of tea and now I have no more words..

Bye for now

No comments:

Post a Comment